The programme places students in an Irish primary or secondary school. Students can choose to attend a public, private or boarding school and study the subjects set out in the Irish National Curriculum. Students wishing to study in Ireland for the International Baccalaureate can also be facilitated. They also take part in extracurricular school activities.
SLS offers programmes for the Full Academic Year (September to June), 1st term (September to December) or 2nd & 3rd Term (January – June).
The programme covers schooling, accommodation and ongoing support for the student for the academic year and consists of a number of different elements.
- Guardianship & Support Services
- School Fees
- School Uniform (excluding footwear)
- Text books
- Accommodation with the host family
- Initial and final airport transfers
- Transition (4th) Year Supplement
- Transport to/from school
- Optional extra classes or tuition
- Travel and medical insurance
- Additional airport transfers
- As places in some schools can be difficult to obtain it is important that enrollment is done as early as possible in order to try to satisfy the student’s first choice of school.
- All of the schools are recognised by the Irish Government’s Department of Education and Science and students receive all school reports and attendance certificates for the time spent attending school in Ireland.
1st Term: September – December
2nd & 3rd Terms: January – June
October, Christmas, February & Easter
12 to 19 years
Summary of School Years
1st Year: 12-13 Years
2nd Year: 13-14 Years
3rd Year: 14-15 Years
4th Year: 15-16 Years
5th Year: 16-17 Years
6th Year: 17-18 Years